PORT ST. LUCIE – The intrasquad games finally got underway on Wednesday with the organizations two…
MMLN – Report Date Grows Closer
Francisco Pena reported to camp in the best shape of his young career. The 19-year-old backstop looks much leaner with added muscle, and looks ready to better handle the demands of catching 100-plus games in St. Lucie this season. He showed off quality arm strength and some better footwork during catcher workouts. Jeff Flagg relies most on his bat out of all of his tools, but showed surprising arm strength during infield drills. He still needs to soften his hands and improve his footwork, but the throws he made across the diamond and on the 3-6-3 drill were strong and on point. His stature and physique will never get him lost in a crowd, as his 6-foot-5 and 230-plus pound, muscular frame is a clear indicator of where he generates his power Off-season workouts seemed to have helped Ike Davis who looks like he added five to ten pounds of muscle while improving his agility a few steps. Davis, who has a...
35 Fans online
- When will Sandy ever be on the hotseat?
- August 18, 2014: Cubs @ Mets (Hendricks-Torres) - 12:10 PM
- August 20, 2014: Mets @ Athletics (Wheeler-Samardzija) - 3:35 PM
- Mets vs Cubs The Who Cares Edition 8/17
- August 19, 2014: Mets @ Athletics (Gee-Kazmir) - 10:05 PM