The look into the best ranking pitches continues with an installment looking at the top sliders. …
Top Ten Fastballs for Starters
10. Jeurys Familia – The 19-year-old right-hander is still learning to throw his secondary pitches, but will continue to move—and possibly at a quick rate—because of his fastball. He was on the gun at 89-91 MPH early in the Gulf Coast League season but his velocity increased and stabilized in the low-90s later in the summer and during the Instructional League season. He is still working on a delivery and his rather violent arm action has caused some concern about his long-term durability, but he has so far impressed scouts with his live fastball. 9. Elvin Ramirez – Ramirez's velocity is predicated on arm strength and while his 93-94 MPH heat would otherwise move him up this list, he is still attaining command of his hard, sinking fastball. He struggles commanding his fastball at times which led to a rather low strikeout ratio given his velocity and a walk-to-innings ratio on the higher side of average. The best element to his fastball is his stamina. While young pitchers tend...
24 Fans online
- GDT 8/23/14 Mets at Dodgers --- de Grom vs Greinke 9:10PM
- GDT 8/26 Braves at Mets Wood vs Gee
- 8/24 GDT- Potential season high 11 under.
- GDT Aug 27, 2014: Braves @ Mets, Teheran vs. Wheeler
- David Wright's contract: good or bad?