Oakland A's Top-50 Prospects: 5-1
For the entire 2013 Oakland A's Top-50 Prospects list, please click here. 5. Sonny Gray, RHP Fastball location was key for Gray in 2012. Expectations were sky-high for Gray's first full professional season after he allowed only one run in 20 innings in a late-season stint with Double-A Midland in 2011. The A's 2011 first-round pick returned to the Rockhounds for the 2012 season and didn't find his second tour of the Texas League as easy as the first. In 26 starts with Midland, Gray posted a 4.14 ERA and a mediocre 97:57 K:BB ratio in 148 innings. He made a start for the River Cats during the final week of the regular season and allowed four runs in four innings. Gray had a strong start for Sacramento in the post-season, allowing three runs in six innings with five strike-outs and a walk. "Sonny had a really good year. He made the mistake of setting the bar for himself really high with his half-season in 2011," A's Assistant GM David Forst said in September. "When he went to...
31 Fans online
- When will Sandy ever be on the hotseat?
- August 18, 2014: Cubs @ Mets (Hendricks-Torres) - 12:10 PM
- August 20, 2014: Mets @ Athletics (Wheeler-Samardzija) - 3:35 PM
- August 19, 2014: Mets @ Athletics (Gee-Kazmir) - 10:05 PM
- Will this team collapse from here?