The last pitcher developed through the Met farm system to play a significant role in the big league…
Q & A With Jim Callis from Baseball America
1) How would you rank the Mets' farm system, compared to the rest of the league? We rank them the 13th best organization in baseball, up from 27th a year earlier. Their depth isn't as good as the teams ahead of them, but most of a system's ultimate worth comes from it's blue-chippers. Those are the guys you win championships with, and Jose Reyes and Scott Kazmir are a good place for a system to start. 2) What do you think of Matthew Peterson? He came on really strong in the second half last year, and finished with great strikeout numbers. However, during that effective pitching stretch, he also gave up quite a few more homers. How much progress did he really make last year? How meaningful is it that Matt Peterson improved his control as the season went on? What is Peterson's ceiling? I like him a lot. He didn't quite make our Top 100 Prospects list, but he has a high ceiling, the highest of any Mets pitching prospect outside of Kazmir. He could have two plus pitches with his...
14 Fans online
- When will Sandy ever be on the hotseat?
- GDT 8/23/14 Mets at Dodgers --- de Grom vs Greinke 9:10PM
- August 20, 2014: Mets @ Athletics (Wheeler-Samardzija) - 3:35 PM
- 8/24 GDT- Potential season high 11 under.
- 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread