Comparing what the Yankees and Mets have at each position in the minor leagues, we take a look at…
Top 50 Mets Prospects
1. Carlos Gomez: We said a year ago that Gomez had the talent to rank at the top of this list, so this shouldn't come as a surprise. Internally, the Mets are divided in half as to which prospect is their number one - Milledge or Gomez. In reality, they should be ranked 1 and 1A. While Milledge is the safest pick at number one, Gomez has a higher upside. He has a better arm, as much speed if not more, and more power projection. Forget the eight home runs Gomez hit for Hagerstown this past season. He has a lot more power than his numbers have shown, drawing comparisons to Juan Gonzalez from one National League scout. 2. Lastings Milledge: While Gomez might have the higher upside, there's no safer bet among the Mets' prospects than Lastings Milledge to have a flourishing Major League career. He might be the best overall hitter in the farm system, owning a .313 career batting average as he heads into the 2006 season. Some scouts believe he'll be a young right-handed hitting...
32 Fans online
- GDT 8/23/14 Mets at Dodgers --- de Grom vs Greinke 9:10PM
- GDT 8/26 Braves at Mets Wood vs Gee
- 8/24 GDT- Potential season high 11 under.
- GDT Aug 27, 2014: Braves @ Mets, Teheran vs. Wheeler
- David Wright's contract: good or bad?