NYfansonly.com recently polled a few National League scouts to get their take on which Mets'…
Top 10 2004 Disappointments for Mets' System
10) Bobby Malek - It's hard to say Malek's 2004 season was a disappointment considering he hit a career-high 14 home runs in stops with St. Lucie and Binghamton this past year, which is 13 more than his previous career-high of three. Malek was disappointing in one regard: his consistency. Malek would have periods of hot hitting followed by streaks of several games without a hit. He hasn't shown the consistency that he displayed at Michigan State where he was a .392 career hitter and made him a 4th round pick. He probably should have started the year in Binghamton and remained there for most of the year and that disappointment could have effected his performance. 2004 power resurgence is likely a springboard towards a breakout season in 2005 for Malek. 9) Alhaji Turay - A former second round draft pick, Turay's talent is unquestionable. His injury history has taken its toll in his development however. When he plays, Turay shows raw power, speed, and excellent defense. He obviously...
29 Fans online
- When will Sandy ever be on the hotseat?
- August 18, 2014: Cubs @ Mets (Hendricks-Torres) - 12:10 PM
- August 20, 2014: Mets @ Athletics (Wheeler-Samardzija) - 3:35 PM
- August 19, 2014: Mets @ Athletics (Gee-Kazmir) - 10:05 PM
- Will this team collapse from here?